Serving in Love’ through Hands Projects!
Stay Tuned for Our Upcoming Projects!
Join “Team Standby”
We are currently putting together a team of individuals available to help with smaller community projects and tasks on an as-needed basis. Team Standby will function seperately from our core quarterly service projects. To join Team Standby or ask questions, click on this email link!
Donate to Hands Projects!
Contact us for information regarding financial donations to Hands Projects.
Purpose & Disctinctives
To use service projects as a means of loving people in the surrounding community with the love of Jesus Christ.
That as followers of Jesus Christ we would learn to selflessly love and serve others in His name. Hands Projects allows us to both model and learn from one another as we spend the afternoon serving together.
- To maintain an external focus. Though we do have Deacon-organized “work days” designed to upkeep West Hills’ property, Hands Projects are distinctively focused on serving others, not ourselves.
- To serve “our community,” by finding projects that are located in neighboring towns within close proximity to West Hills.
- To design projects that the general congregation can do with little or no training, in order to maximize those who will benefit from its discipleship component.
- To perform four service projects per year, or approximately one project per quarter.
- An ideal project will last approximately four hours, with schedule flexibilty that allows some to arrive late or leave early if need be. This goal is formed out of the realization that while we are all learning to serve, some of us are a little less eager than others, but this flexibilty may allow some a good “first step” in servanthood growth.
- To, when possible, design projects for Sunday afternoons, so as to integrate with the morning Worship Gathering.
- To invite others from the non-church community to come out and serve with us as a means of outreach and interaction together.
- To build Hands Projects to become a community-wide catalyst for other acts of service, allowing others to contact West Hills for further service opportunities.